Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Golden Christmas

Hello friends, it's Diana today! This week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such is Trim A Tree with gold and/or silver.  I think gold and silver are such classic colors for a Christmas tree.

As much as I enjoy everyone else's non-traditional colors on their tree, mine are always gold and silver with touches of red.  I'm always tempted to branch out, but I think about storage and that will usually stop me from changing my decor!


For my card I started with silver Metallic card stock.

The next layer is white card stock embossed with a Darice Hanging Ornaments embossing folder.

I then made a double matted window using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A by cutting out the silver frame first with nesting two dies.  I then matted that with green cardstock, adhered them together, replaced the smaller die and then ran it through again so that the green now has a perfectly aligned window.

I then die cut out a couple of Impression Obsession Pine Branches, and the two ornaments from Impression Obsession Christmas Icons, using the gold Spellbinders Precious Metals Craft Foil. The frame as well as the top ornament is popped up using the Joy! Small Foam Pads.

Finally I added a red ribbon, silver floss, and a tiny jingle bell to my card. Thank you so much for looking!



The NEW Memory Box 2014 Collection dies and stencils are in at Classy Cards 'n Such store! Cute new stamps and compatible die from Heartfelt Creations, JustRite, Wild Rose Studio paper pads, and more! Check it all out here today!

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...










Pin It

No comments: