Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Twinkling Cards

Hi, it's Joy today, showing you a couple of cards I made using some great supplies I found at Classy Cards 'n Such.

I wasn't sure what the big deal was about Twinkling H20s, but with this challenge -- I now understand!  THESE are fabulous paints to use with cards.  As soon as they are completely dry, the colors just sparkle and shine - I'm painting chipboard frames this afternoon and then I'm going to look for other things to paint!

I used two very different techniques using one stamp set on both cards.

On the first card, after wetting the Twinkling H2Os, I mounted a stamp from a set called Black Eyed Susan Vintage Labels Five by JustRite, and painted directly onto it. Water was lightly spritzed onto the painted stamp and stamped onto watercolor paper. It made a flowing watercolor type of image - I love this technique.  After it was completely dry, the sparkle just popped out!

The ribbon was colored by putting a little of the color into the Spritzer Bottle and sprayed onto Chalk White Seam Binding and when it dried - it was so shiny!

The butterfly from the Black Eyed Susan set was stamped, painted, cut out and popped up with Joy Foam Pads.

The green background paper is from The Lake House paper pad by Kaisercraft.


For the next card, Twinkling H2Os were used just like regular water colors with a Tim Holtz Water Brush after the same image was stamped on watercolor paper.

The sentiment was cut out using Spellbinders Vintage Label Five Dies and popped up with Joy Foam Pads.

Again the butterfly was stamped, painted, cut out and popped up with Joy Foam Pads.

The pretty green designer paper is called Harvest Lane paper pad by Simple Stories.


I wish you could see the sparkle - it is amazing! Oh, dear, I've got a new habit.  I now want every color. Beverly, owner of Classy Cards 'n Such describes them as "delightful little pots of color with a touch of sparkle" - and they are!


Your cards are so delightful!  Thanks Joy!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Joy's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


  
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Joy, your cards are gorgeous! I especially love the first card with the watercolor paper. WOW, that looks so pretty!