Monday, December 8, 2014

Classic Christmas

Hi, Diana here today, to share a card I made with the classic colors of Christmas.

I always have such a hard time combining patterned paper - until I realized that the papers in a pack always go wonderful with each other.  So now I just need to stop buying individual sheets. :)



Another easy way to make a card is to use My Favorite Things Blueprints.  The elements practically build themselves into a card.  Here I used MFT Blueprints 13, with paper from a paper pad in my supplies.

I added a bow to my fishtail - always add a bit of interest to turn things on its side.  I die cut the Impression Obsession Merry Christmas twice - once in white and another in gold card stock. I layered them on my card, off-setting them just a bit for a shadow effect.  I find this help make such an ornate die easier to read against a patterned background.

Finally, a white Poppy tamps Small Blooming Poinsettia, and adding Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Aztec Gold glitter inthe center. I added  a couple of sprigs from a pine branch punch to balance the white bow.

*NOTE - Impression Obsession has Pine Branch or Fir Sprig Set dies, and Dee's Distinctively Ponderosa Pine Sprig dies, that would work great.

Thank you for looking and hope you can play along with this week's CCNS #62 Wrapping challenge here at Classy Cards 'n Such.


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







 
Pin It

No comments: