Friday, April 4, 2014

Shimmery Dreams

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!  I was in an experimental mood the other day, so I pulled out some toys from Classy Cards 'n Such and started playing around.  



Check out that shimmery background.  Isn't that purrrty? I had played around with the new Texture Mesh stencil and some gorgeous pale blue Trunk Bay Glimmer Mist, and this is the result.  I laid the stencil over some white cardstock and very very lightly sprayed the Trunk Bay Glimmer Mist over it.  I then carefully picked up the stencil and set the paper aside to dry.  Meanwhile, I cleaned my stencil under running water in the sink.

Once my background was dry, I was able to pick it up and move it around in the light.  Isn't that shimmer just yummy??  This is why I love playing with the Glimmer Mist sprays. 

I did not want to cover up all that gorgeous pale blue shimmery goodness, so I kept this card simple by adding a beautiful Honey Blossom Sprig die cut with Kraft cardstock. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Stampavie Celebrate stamp set, and cut it out with an oval die.  This was then matted with a matching scallop oval die, cut from Kraft cardstock.  I then glued my card front using Kraft also for my card base.

Give this fun technique a try - spray some Glimmer Mist over a stencil and see what kind of gorgeous backgrounds you can create!  There are plenty of Stencils and Glimmer Mist to choose from in the Classy Cards 'n Such store!


All the shimmer and shine, a beautiful card! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

   
Pin It

No comments: