Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Get Well, Friend

Hi, it's Misti today!

My boys have become friends with a boy who also competes in archery.  We found out that he had to have heart surgery and he's only 13!  We want to be able to send a get well card to him.

This week's Classy Cards 'n Such challenge is to make a funny project.  The Henry Cars stamp set has some perfect sentiments in it for this challenge.I inked up one of the sick looking cars and stamped it on to a piece of white cardstock.


I inked up one of the sick looking cars and stamped it on to a piece of white cardstock. I colored it in with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Makers using Faded Jeans, Black SootAntique LinenPeeled Paint and the Detail Water Brush.

While I waited for it to dry, I inked up the Thick and Thin - Cover-A-Card by Impression Obsession, with my favorite blue ink. Before I stamped it on my white cardstock, I removed part of the ink. It looks a little rough in some areas. I even stamped on little area on my image panel.
 


On the inside of the card, I stamped a sentiment and then also stamped the background on the corner a couple of times.

I think this will make a great get well card for a young man!

Great card for a teenager! Thanks Misti! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Misti's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
    
Pin It

1 comment:

ednamburgess said...

Such a cute card. Love those stamps. A great get well card or a guy card. Either way, well done. Edna