Saturday, April 12, 2014

Pink Bike card

Hi everyone, it's Holly posting today!  I have a whimsical card to share with you, and I have to admit, the pink bike just makes me smile!


I started this card with a Kraft card base and I added a layer of green gingham paper from the Prairie Chic by Bo Bunny paper pad.  Next, I cut another sheet of paper from the same pad, but the pattern was a bit too busy. What to do?

I pulled out the Texture Mesh stencil and laid it over the multicolored paper.  Then I applied some white embossing paste to the holes in the stencil with a Palette Knife.  As soon as I was done, I peeled the stencil off and immediately washed the stencil and palette knife.  I set the stenciled paper aside to dry completely for an hour.


While that was drying, I cut out the Brand New Bicycle die with pink paper.

I also stamped the sentiment from the Sweet Wishes by
Stampavie onto Kraft cardstock, and then I cut out the notches on both sides with scissors.

When the stenciled paper was dry, I very lightly dabbed some pink ink randomly over the dry embossing paste.  I then adhered this to my card, added a dark blue strip (also from the Prairie Chic by Bo Bunny paper pad ), adhered the sentiment, and then adhered the pink bike above the sentiment.

I love how you can still see the patterned paper through the white embossing paste, but it is muted and toned down.  This also gives the card a great texture without being overwhelming.

What a cute card for anyone! So colorful!! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  
Pin It

No comments: