Thursday, February 12, 2015

Valentine Wishes

It's Gracie! Hope you've been staying warm wherever you are! This week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such is Thoughtful using the range of colors from the inspiration photo. There are so many pretty colors on the photo chances are you will be inspired right away. Adding sentiments like Thinking of youIn my thoughtsHere for you and more would certainly be fitting for the challenge. There is still time to join so I hope you can share your  creation with us in the next couple of days. I went for a "thinking of you" card combined with a Valentine's theme.





The first thing I made were my crepe flowers using Spellbinders Rose Creations set. I sponged the edge of my flowers with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo with a Mini Ink Blending Tool Next I sprayed them with a mix of Spun Sugar and Shaded Lilac Distress Re-inkers and water in an Empty Spritzer Bottle. I embellished them with White Pearls and champagne pearls.

I die cut an Elegant Oval and again distressed it's edges. There I adhered the flowers around the edge and also added a pretty cupid die cut from Stardream Rose Quartz which I also distressed. I mounted the oval on a layer I embossed using the Bricks and Bark embossing folder. I heat embossed a sentiment from Our Daily Bread Design's Bless Your Heart in Silver detail on a piece of Heavyweight Vellum that I cut into a banner and adhered to the oval on one side and to the back of the embossed mat on the other.

Finally, I mounted the embellished layer on a card base die cut with A2 Matting Basics A. Oh but that's just the final step for the front of the card. See, when you open this pretty card you are received by a lovely 3D pop-up Eiffel Tower! I used Spellbinders French Frills to cut 2 Eiffel Towers, that I adhered to four flaps which I cut with a craft knife. Before I adhered the towers, I spritzed them with the same mix I used for the flowers. Once adhered, I added another cupid and a Thinking of You sentiment from my stamp set Parisian Postcard



I hope you enjoyed my post for today and that you feel inspired to join us for this week's challenge! Thanks so much for your visit! See you next week.


This is Gracie's final post with Classy Cards.   Gracie, thanks for all of your beautiful cards and we wish you well!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: