Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Birthday Thoughts

Hello Classy Friends!

Diane here with you today with my card for our newest challenge "Thoughtful"!

Now my card isn't a true "thoughtful" card but more of an
I am thinking of your birthday type of card. Make sense? Probably not, but I had already adhered the Happy Birthday down and it's staying put..lol!


I started with a background paper from Bellisima A5 paper pack which I distressed before adhering down.


The gorgeous lattice circle is a Joy! Crafts die Bille's Circle.  Next, I made a flower by using a gold metallic ink and stamping it with Heartfelt Creations Ariana Blooms set.  Then I cut it out with the Heartfelt Creations Ariana Blooms die set.  While I had both the dies and stamps out, I cut many more as shown below to use at a later date.



After the flowers were stamped and cut, I added Tim Holtz Distress inks Picked Raspberry and Worn Lipstick, blending the colors a bit using the Mini Ink Blending Tool.  I flipped the flowers over and spritzed with the Spritzer Bottle and used the Paper Blossoms Craft Molding Mat and Paper Blossoms Tool Kit to form the flower.  Once the flowers were colored, I did go back and sponge on more of the gold metallic ink to the petal edges.



I added a Memory Box Evershan Branch I cut from a black
piece of discarded packaging. (Beverly can order this die for you.) 

A tiny bird was made using Meadow Branch Bird.  The top of the bird was cut using So Silk Fair Blue 130# card stock and the bottom with Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic 105# card stock.


I hope you enjoyed my card today...I would love to hear your thoughts!!

If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page.

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the
Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning!! The flower is gorgeous!! I love the pretty bird, too!! Beautiful card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts