Wednesday, February 18, 2015

A Calming Sea

And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm. 
    Mark 4:39

Hello friends, 

Mindy with you today to share my card for this weeks challenge at Classy Cards n' Such. The theme is Neutrals with a Frame, so I have created a beach themed card consisting of the neutral colors of the sand, surf, and multiple shore birds. The framed sentiment is a lovely verse from the stamp set The Sea from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps.



I chose many neutral colors and finishes of card stock to build my card from, and chose my sea life themed dies to go along with the Sweet 'n Sassy stamp mentioned above.  I used the Impression Obsession dies Grass BorderLarge FenceOcean BorderSea Birds, and Shore Birds to die cut from the different papers. The Ocean border was cut from watercolor paper, then I brushed on a wash of blue and green from the Summer Fun Petite Twinkling H2O Kit with my Tim Holtz Water Brush.

I stamped the sailboat and water image from The Sea stamp in the top third of the card and then adhered the multiple die cuts and layers to my card. I also used Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and my Mini Ink Blending Tool by Ranger to color around the edges of the paper, and to highlight the birds and sand. 

I love all of the aspects of the beach and the sea, and find it very calming when the stress of everyday life gets me down. I hope you will participate in our challenges each week. We would love to see your creations.



You are invited to the Classy Cards 'n Such shop to see all the amazing products available!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: