Saturday, September 13, 2014

Blue Birdhouse

Hi, it's Holly posting today!  Sometimes you just get hit by the muse and you just gotta go wherever it takes you. Today's card is the product of just "going with it".


I pulled out some papers from the Vintage Bliss 6"x6" paper pad and I decided to go with the gray paper with the multicolored dots. How fun is that background paper? The dots inspired me to go with all these different colors for the different elements on my card.

So I cut out a blue birdhouse with the Birdhouse set, an orange bird with the Resting Birds, a neutral oval with the text paper from the Vintage Bliss 6"x6" paper pad, a hot pink layer behind the oval, a narrow yellow strip across the card, and some Hot Pink Rhinestones scattered around the card.

I added a white mat behind the oval and hot pink layers and stamped the sentiment from the Stampavie's Celebrate stamp set at the bottom.

For a fun little touch, I went over the roof of the blue birdhouse with the Wink of Stella glitter pen. It adds a nice little hint of shimmer.

I had fun playing with this card.  It's always a surprise to see what you can come up with when you just go with the flow.

If you would like to view the challenges for the coming weeks, and the rules, click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page.

We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: