Monday, August 25, 2014

Summer Afternoon

Hi, it's Diana! This summer has been incredibly mild for Virginia.  I've really enjoyed just sitting outside and with the random drops in temperature, the mosquitoes are not eating me alive like they usually are.  I'd love to have a porch swing like this is the backyard one day. Wouldn't it just be sweet to sit there and chat with a friend?



This card actually started with the sunflower charm. Our inspiration picture from Classy Cards 'n Such this week has some sunflowers in it, and I had just cleaned my craft room and found this little charm in the wrong place (but right time)!

 
Instead of a white chair, I found this image in my collection of stamps, and colored in my bench with different shades of brown Copic markers. I trimmed using the image using Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A and then sponged the embossed rectangle for more definition around the edges.

For my background, I used the Darice Stripe Background embossing folder.  The nice thing about this embossing folder is that it is 5x7, so instead of driving myself crazy lining up my paper, I stuck my white card stock in diagonally.

I then embossed my sentiment in Black Detail embossing powder and used Small Joy! foam pads to pop up all my layers.  For a final touch, I swept across the blue skies and the little blue flower pot with my Wink of Stella Glitter Pen.

Hope you find time to enjoy the little things too! 

Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right column. You'll love the special sales! 

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






   
Pin It

1 comment:

Jennipher said...

Super sweet card Diane! Great creative take on the challenge!