Tuesday, August 19, 2014

All Hearts Lead Home

This is Mindy, and I hope you will enjoy this card. All hearts lead home for the holidays.  Thanks for joining us for our challenge this week, Home Is Where The Heart Is!  My home is my favorite place to be, it is where I feel loved, safe, and creative.


All of the metallic card stocks I used for this week's card are available in the Classy Cards 'n Such online store.

The papers I used are:
Champaign Neenah Pearlized Metallic 
Echo Bronze Stardream Metallic
Hera Stardream Metallic 
Nude Curious Metallic
Super Gold Metallic

For Lg. House #1:
A three inch square for the base 
Half of a three inch square for the roof 
One and one quarter inch rectangle for the door 
Three quarters of an inch rectangle for the chimney.

For House #2: 
A two inch square for the base 
Half of a two inch square for the roof 
One and one quarter inch rectangle for the door 
Three quarters of an inch rectangle for the chimney.

The various pieces were then run through an embossing folder to give them texture. The folders I used were Flower Flourish by Crafts Too!, Stripe Background by Darice, and the Matelasse Border by Anna Griffin.

I then started piecing the houses together and adhering them to the card front using double stick craft tape and foam tape. I also added two heart shaped punches to the houses.

To finish off the card, I cut a diagonal banner for the sentiment, and a grouping of the Small Leaf Set die from Impression Obsession, inked with fall colors.

I'm glad you could take a look at my card today. We would love to have you join our challenges each week!

 
There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label, located in the right column of this blog. You'll find all the details to enter.

Join the Classy Cards 'n Such blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive excluseive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

Diane said...

Just love your adorable card Mindy..wonderful use of all those gorgeous Metallic papers...very creative and fun!!

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card and you did a great job using the dies to make those houses.