Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Dinner Time, Birdies

Mindy here today, friends! Celebrating one of the most favorite birdie treats available, sunflowers and their seeds. One of my favorite outdoor activities is bird watching. If you enjoy watching them, you know if you feed them, more will visit your garden.

Our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such is a Sunflower Inspired photo.  I love sunflowers, in all sizes and colors, and would like to share my card with you today. 


I started with a stamp of Coneflowers by Impression Obsession, and stamped parts of it on two edges of my card stock, with Memento ink.  After coloring it in with my Copic markers, I matted it with a sheet of background card Echo Bronze Stardream Metallic and trimmed around my image.

I then used the Matelasse border embossing folder by Anna Griffin, to add texture and design to the background yellow card stock. I also die cut the Large Fence by Impression Obsession from brown card stock, and one of the birds from the Bird Sanctuary die set by Spellbinders, out of Pluto-Onyx Stardream Metallic paper. The black metallic paper gives the blackbird that iridescent shimmer that they have in real life.

To complete my card, I die cut a 3D Sunflower and adhered it to my card, along with stamping my sentiment from Heartfelt Creations Classic Message Pre-Cut Set. I also added a little twinkle with my yellow Wink of Stella glitter pen.

Sunflowers grow almost anywhere and are one of the fastest growing flowers on Earth. The flowers are lovely to look at, and the seeds are a birds favorite treat.


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label on the right side of the blog! 

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  


 


  
Pin It

1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous sunflower card. Lots of great details.