Saturday, August 16, 2014

Big Floral Hugs

Hi all, it's Holly posting today!  I wanted to create a sweet little card for someone who needs a hug, and this is what I came up with.


I started with a Kraft card base and I stamped the sentiment from Stampavie's Happy Birthday set at the bottom of the card.

Next, I cut some peach colored paper on an angle and embossed it with the Garden Lattice embossing folder.  I used the Spellbinders Raspberry Spacer Plate with the embossing folder in my Grand Calibur. It works beautifully every time!

I adhered the embossed peach paper to my card and then pulled out some flower dies.  I cut some white paper with the Cheery Lynn Designs Large Rose and the Medium Rose dies. Added some yellow brads to assemble the flowers.  I also cut out some leaves from the Rose Leaf Strip die and some soft green paper.  I then glued down the leaves and affixed the white flowers to each set of leaves.

I love the nontraditional look of this card.  I can also visualize this in other color combos and with different flowers. Wouldn't that be fun? Just spend a whole day making different cards based on this layout?


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





    


Pin It

No comments: