Monday, October 5, 2015

Golden Christmas

Hello!  Diana here to share with you, a gold and red Christmas card for this week's "Holly Day" challenge at CCNS.

This is a very "me" card for Christmas. My Christmas tree is all gold, silver, and red. I wrap gold and red mesh around it and most of the ornaments are gold, red, or silver. And then I stick these huge poinsettias in it.  It's the same tree every year, besides the addition of special ornaments.


To start, I die cut a gold card base out of metallic card stock with Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A.

The next layer is the large die from the ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern. I also used the next die in the set, to cut another white layer and popped it up with Joy! Small Foam Pads. I love the extra dimension and the piercing that is on that die.

I then centered and glue the Impression Obsession Merry Christmas out of the same metallic card stock with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.

For my splash of color, I die cut PoppyStamps Small Blooming Poinsettia several times out of red card stock. I then sponged the edges of each petal with Seedless Preserves, which is really a dark purple, but if you use it just a bit on the bright red, you get this lovely shade of maroon - it really adds to the look of the poinsettias.  I then curled all of the petals with a stylus, (you can find a variety of sizes in the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit), and then filled the centers of the poinsettias with Champagne Stickles.  Before I glued the poinsettias down, I added a bit of  Impression Obsession Pine Branch to fill out florals a bit.

Thank you so much for looking! 


Don't forget to check out the NEW section at Classy Cards 'n Such. Release from 2015 collections are being added every day! When you check out, don't forget to enter your discount for a great savings! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






   
Pin It

No comments: