Thursday, July 16, 2015

Sweet Silhouette

Hello, it is Diana today!

I love the color combination of kraft, red, white, and black. Strangely, it was not a color combo I would be thinking of before I started paper crafting. I just realized I'm wearing the same colors! :)  I don't think that's ever happened before.


I saw a new trick in the paper crafting world a few weeks ago, and I'm glad I got a chance to try it out before I forgot. It uses Press and Seal Wrap to transfer intricate die cuts.

I used the Impression Obsession Square Cutout Border to make my row of white squares. The die was made so that you would be left with a cutout of squares, that would allow you to have a background paper peek through (I'll show you a card that does that in a few days).

I love the white squares all lined up, and I thought it would look great against a Kraft background. It looks like it would be a whole lot of work to glue each of those squares down, right?  Nope, it really doesn't. When I lifted my cutout die from my Big Shot, all of my pieces were still stuck to my acrylic plate. I then used a sheet of Press and Seal Wrap, and rubbed it over all the pieces while it was still in place When I lifted up the Press and Seal, everything was still stuck on there but now I had the back side exposed.

I removed the large cutout, leaving the squares. I then put a dot of Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive on each of the squares. The Press and Seal is see through, (much like wax paper), and I lined it up carefully where I wanted the square on my base layer. I pressed down, waited for the glue to dry and then lifted up the Press and Seal. Voila - all my squares are glued on and perfectly aligned!  I did leave off one row of squares, because I didn't want it that close to the edge.

My image and stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy God Is stamp set, was stamped in black pigment ink and covered with Black Detail embossing powder. I like to make sure my silhouette images are fully covered.

I added a touch of red using the balloons from ODBD Happy Birthday popped up with Joy! Small Foam Pads and drawing the black string with a pen and ruler.

Thanks for looking and hope you try this way of stretching out your dies! 


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

No comments: