Monday, October 13, 2014

Christmas Fun

Hello Classy Friends! Diane here today. It is time again for our fun weekly challenge.

This week our challenge theme is Polka Dot Christmas. Make a Christmas card with the colors shown in our inspiration photo and dots!

I went with a rather clean and simple choice for my card. I really wanted to show off my "stenciled" polka dot tree!


Beverly has lots and lots of stencils to choose from in the store, and I used Memory Box Texture Mini Dots. I inked up my craft mat with Tim Holtz Barn Red Distress Ink Pad, then added a small scoop of Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste and mixed it together with my Palette Knife. You don't want to use too much, as once you have "inked" it, it cannot go back in the jar! I used a Paste Spreader to apply my paste on Banana Split Pop Tone paper.

I set it aside to dry, (which it dries pretty fast). I added my background paper from Bo Bunny Candy Cane Lane 6 x 6 paper pad.

I cut my window from PoppyStamps Small Madison Window. There is a tiny "snippet" of lace added for a valance.

Once my stencil was dry I cut Impression Obsession Fir Trees from my paper. It resembles designer paper, however, what is unique about stenciling it,is gives a raised dot background, giving it dimension!

If you were looking through this window into my home,
you would see a few pets, so I added a small kitty from PoppyStamps Baby Kittens and a puppy from Impression Obsession Puppy Set.


I added two smaller trees to the inside of the card it finish it off!

We are inviting YOU to join in our weekly challenges, and would love to see YOUR creations. Won't you join us?


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. New Wild Rose Studio stamps, Distressed Spray Stain, Memory Box dies have been added and more! Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store. We have fantastic customer service and shipping.

 Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! The polka dot trees are so beautiful!! Love the sweet kitty and doggie!! The lace curtains are a fabulous touch!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts