Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Candy Cane Inspired

It's time to share a new card for this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such. It's a Candy Cane Christmas. We were challenged to make a Christmas project in red and white, and a touch of green! What a perfect, and contrasting color combination for the holidays.

The candy cane inspiration translates to my card through the die cut frame's border. I cut the frame with Spellbinders A2 Valiant Honor, to which I also die cut an inner window with A2 Matting Basics A.




I like to layer dies from different sets a lot, to achieve new results every time, and I did just that. I die cut a label from the silver back of a Delicate Pastels Craft Foil by Spellbinders, with Spellbinders Decorative Labels Thirty-Four. I die cut two coordinating labels from red and white card stock using Fancy Label Tags Two. I heat embossed a sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy Vintage Seed Packet stamp set, in Silver detail embossing powder on the white label.



I also die cut some Christmas elements to decorate the labels using Poppystamps Pine Garland, Small Blooming Poinsettia, and also from Impression Obsession Small Leaf Set. I heat embossed the white leaves and the small poinsettia with Pearlescent embossing powder, using Distress embossing ink. I adhered all the elements to the red label, attaching the Pine Garland pieces to the back of the label, and the leaves and small poinsettia to it's top.

I prepared a white card base using A2 Matting Basics A. I dried embossed it's front with Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Ornamental Iron folder. Next I glued the frame. I added a piece of red satin Ribbon across the center of the card, horizontally, and then I mounted the three labels with foam tape. I finished the design adding some Baby Rhinestones - Silver and a bow.

I hope you can join us this week with your candy cane inspired creation. As every week, if we have seven entries,  a prize from the store will be given away to a lucky winner! We also may award a Classiest Card badge to someone!

I invite you to browse  Classy Cards 'n Such Store. Many new items have been added and the Clearance section has been updated too!

You won't want to miss all the dies, embossing folders, paper pads, and accesories on sale! If you do purchase, you can get an additional 10% off using my code Gracie-10 during checkout!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located in the right side of the blog page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such winner! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

No comments: