Saturday, October 11, 2014

Bouquet of Thanks


Hi, it's Jenny posting today. I had colored this beautiful image, and loved the this week's challenge theme, Think Pink, so I decided this would be just the perfect image. 


I stamped the JustRite Floral Vintage Labels Two stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored the flowers in with Copics.  I wanted to add a little glam, so I went over the center of the flowers with clear Stickles.

I cut out the main image and then popped it up using Joy! Foam Pads onto a piece of Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper that I'd cut with a Spellbinders Labels Twenty die.  I thought the die had a similar shape and framed the image well.

I cut a piece of Graphic 45's Botanical Tea paper, using the Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die, and then wrapped a piece of pink grosgrain around it. I then backed the Botanical Tea paper with a piece of Wausau Index Green cardstock, that I colored with a Copic Green Bice marker, to better match the color of the leaves.

I added three pink flat-back Baby Pink Pearls in the upper left side.  The Thanks die is from the Impression Obsession Greeting Set.  This is a perfect set for card makers, the font is simply beautiful and the words are so versatile, I find that I've been using it on everything.  I covered the die cut in Versamark ink, and then sprinkled it with Silver Fine Detail embossing powder.  I heat embossed the word and then repeated so it has two layers of silver embossing powder.  Double embossing made the word look so smooth and it now looks like metal.

Last, I thought it needed something else, so I added three Baby Pink Pearls in the upper left side. I also tied a piece of silver cord around the grosgrain ribbon.

Thanks for looking!


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page.

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!










Pin It

No comments: