Sunday, September 8, 2013

Stickled Tea Rose

Hi Classy friends!  It's Holly posting today, and I have a shimmery, glittery flower to share with you.  Classy Cards 'n Such just got some new Stickles colors in the store, and I grabbed some as soon as I saw them. Stickles are colored glitters suspended in bottles of glue, so you just squirt it out onto your project and let it dry.


For my card today, I started by pulling out the Blueprints #4  die set by My Favorite Things, and I played around with the different dies.  I settled on this layout, and cut out some watercolor paper with the largest rectangle die (there are three small rectangles in this set).  I temporarily glued three of the watercolor paper rectangles down onto my table, inked up the Old Tea Rose stamp by Flourishes, with permanent gray ink, and stamped it onto the rectangles.  

After waiting a few minutes to make sure the ink was dry, I pulled out some Distress Markers and my Water Brush and colored in the rose.  I used the Spun Sugar Distress Ink Marker and the Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Marker for the rose petals, Peeled Paint Distress Ink Marker and Shabby Shutters Distress Ink Marker on the stem and leaves.  I set these three pieces aside to dry completely while I assembled the rest of the card.

The A2 card base is a dark green cardstock folded in half.  I pulled out the Love Letters Premium 6 x 6 Paper Pad and found this lovely pale pink paper that matched my Tea Rose nicely.  I cut this paper with the largest die in the Blueprints 4 and adhered it to my dark green card base.  The same Love Letters Premium 6 x 6 Paper Pad had a darker rose pink paper in there, so I cut that out with the long rectangle die from the Blueprints 4.  I cut out the small scallop border, (also from Blueprints 4), twice with dark green cardstock and then adhered it behind the dark rose rectangle.

When the watercolor rose was completely dry, I sponged all three pieces with Antique Linen distress ink.  Then I pulled out the Stickles and had some fun!  I used Pink Taffeta Stickles on the flower and Mercury Glass Stickles on the stem and leaves.  I just squirted out a little bit and then used my finger to dab it around here and there.  I didn't want to completely cover up the image; I just wanted a nice hint of glitter and shimmer.

Once these pieces dried, I glued them down onto the dark rose piece and then glued that down on my card. The lower right corner seemed a bit empty, so I stamped the butterfly from the Old Tea Rose stamp set by Flourishes onto watercolor paper.  I colored it with the same Distress Markers as the flower with  Spun Sugar Distress Ink Marker and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink Marker, and let it dry.  I carefully cut it out with scissors and then dabbed some Pink Taffeta Stickles on the butterfly wings before affixing it to the card.


How pretty are those Stickles?  I love 'em!  I also love these new Blueprints die sets - they make card layouts so easy! Give them a try - I know you'll have fun with them!


Your card is so soft and glittery! Thanks Holly!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



Pin It

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Holly, your coloring is beautiful. The places you dabbed the Stickles is just perfect! GORGEOUS!!

Misti said...

So pretty, Holly!!