Monday, September 9, 2013

Double Gate Fold Card

Today we have a cute card from our guest designer, Shelly! Gingham patterns seem to be another popular trend that remind us of country kitchens to fashion designs. Shelly shows us how to add that touch of gingham to flowers. 

 
Classy Cards 'n Such products used:
Tim Holtz Distressed Ink

Other supplies: 
Brown paper bag
Small design embossing folder
Joy Crafts flower die set 6002/0160
Computer generated phrase
Spellbinders Label die
Various sizes of circular punches

To start, you need a card base measuring 12" x 5.50". Score the card base at 2", 4", 8", and 10" and fold to match what is shown in the picture  below. 

    
It may be hard to see but I sponged the outer edges of the card base, flowers and sentiment label with the dark brown distressed ink pad.

I used various colors of ink, one color at a time, and stamped the Impressions Obsession Cover-A-Card Gingham stamp on a separate piece of white cardstock. 

After the stamping was done, I die cut different sizes of flowers, using assorted dies or punches. Next I sponged the edges of the flowers with a dark brown distressed Ink pad.

To dress the flowers a bit, the next step was to use the Spellbinders Foliage die cut. I cut some of these apart to put under the flower petals. 

To finish off the center of the flowers, I used a medium brown card stock in a small design embossing folder. This gives a finished look for the flower. I used my circular punches or dies to make the centers of the flowers

For the center of the card, I took a brown paper bag and stamped the Impressions Obsession Cover-A-Card Gingham stamp. I cut this to about 4" x 5.50" to fit inside the card. You may have to cut it slightly smaller than the 4" width, so don't glue it in until you have tested to see how it fits. 

On a piece of scrap card stock, either stamp or print out your sentiment and attach to the card. I used a Spellbinders label. I used some of my stamped flowers and leaves and arranged them around the label.

Now, the really fun part! It's time to decorate the outside of the card. I carefully  paper clipped the card shut and laid out the flowers until I was satisfied. Glue everything in place and your card is ready to go!!



This is another fun way to show how versatile the Impressions Obsession Cover-A-Card Gingham stamp can be used!


Great way to dress up your flowers! Thanks Shelly!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Shelly used. 

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

   
   
Pin It

No comments: