Saturday, September 28, 2013

Beauty Blooms

Hi, it's Holly posting today.  I have a pretty one layer card to share with you today.  Yup, just one layer - the card base - is all I have on my card today!  :-)




I began with a white card base, cut to 8.5" x 5.5", and then folded it in half to make a regular A2 sized card. 

For the embellishments, I started by laying down the Aqua Antique Floral Washi Tape on the right side of the card and and then cut it at an angle.  I added a longer strip of the Black with Pink Floral Washi Tape right below the Aqua tape.   Aren't those floral Washi tapes gorgeous??  I'm in love with these!

I stamped the sentiment from the Old Tea Rose stamp set (Flourishes) above the Aqua tape and set my card aside while I worked on my die cuts.

I cut the Gardenia Strip flowers (Cheery Lynn Designs) from a rose cardstock and glued the layers together.  I curled the edges of the flowers down with some hemostat tools, and  I sprayed the flower with Cranberry Zing Glimmer Mist.  This adds a gorgeous color to my flower as well as a wonderful shimmer.  

While my Gardenia Strip flower was drying, I cut out some pale pink flowers from the Sweet William Strip (Cheery Lynn Designs) and glued the two smallest flowers together.  After pinching the petals with my fingers, I added White Pearls to the centers.  I also added a large white pearl to the center of the Gardenia flower after it was completely dry.

I set about cutting some leaves from green cardstock, using the Ivy Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs), and the Wreath Strip die (Cheery Lynn Designs).  The Gardenia flower was glued down on my card first, and then I added the Ivy Strip leaves underneath my flower.  I glued the Sweet William flowers down on each side of my Gardenia flower and added more Ivy Strip leaves.  Finally, some Wreath Strip greenery was added around the Gardenia flower.

These flowers are so much fun to work with, and they pair nicely with these new floral Washi tapes.  I hope you try these new Washi tapes and create some classy cards to share with us!  :-) 

Another beautiful floral card! Thanks Holly!
There are lots of new products in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!   Be sure to check them all out here.
 
Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: