Saturday, August 8, 2015

Water Colors

Hi there, Diane with you today.

I recently purchased a few of the Ken Oliver Color Bursts
and decided to water color with them.


I stamped my JustRite stamp with Versamark, and then embossed with Sparkle 'n Sprinkle Black Fine Detail embossing powder. First using the Anti Static static bag, on water color paper, to help keep the embossing powder from sticking to places I didn't want it to. I lightly heat set my embossing powder.

The stamp I used is JustRite Black Eyed Susan which is not in stock. However, you could use Mums or Sunflower Vintage Labels Five, and this technique would work just fine with them.

I cut the image out using the largest die from the
Sue Wilson Kafalonia Greek Island Collection.

Next I used the Spritzer Bottle to spray a bit of water on my craft mat. I also, put a tiny bit, (very tiny bit), of 
Ken Oliver's Color Burst Orange and Color Burst Lemon Yellow on the mat as well.

I used the Tim Holtz Water Brush with the Detail Nib, to pick up a bit of water and apply it to the petals of the flowers.

I next picked up the yellow color with the tip of the brush, and let it flow into the petals wherever it wanted to go. I added a bit more water around the middle section of the flowers, and then picked up a bit of the orange color from the mat, and let it also run on the petals.


I love how the colors just mixed on their own!

Once it was completely dry, I finished my card. I added PoppyStamps Cottage Corner tucked behind the image. A few Le Creme pearls were placed on the flowers.
Butterflies were added using Joy! Crafts Butterfly Trio.
A sentiment was stamped from the JustRite Hope and Love Vintage Labels Eight and Nine set.

Thanks for visiting with me today!!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...








Pin It

No comments: