Friday, May 23, 2014

Red Tulips In Bloom

Hi, it's Misti with a card to share with you today.

The tulips are in full bloom, and with the super warm weather we've had the last few days, I'm afraid they won't last very long.



I'm practicing with stencils again. I took a piece of Kraft cardstock and the Memory Box Texture Mesh stencil. I used my favorite white pigment ink pad and a sponge. By dipping the sponge into the white ink and dabbed it onto the Kraft cardstock, until it was evenly covered.   The stencil is made from a thick piece of plastic that wipes clean easily.

I stamped the Tulips, by Impression Obsession, in black ink onto a piece of white cardstock. I colored it in with my favorite red marker, Peeled Paint Tim Holtz Distress marker, and the Detail Water Brush.

When I cut down my tulip panel, I left more space on one side to put some red Doodle Twine from the Sweet Cakes Valentine's Assortment down one side.  Just because it says Valentine's Day doesn't mean that it can't be used for other things!

I used some Joy! Foam Pads to pop that image panel up off of the stenciled background.

It's ready to go in the mail to brighten someone's day!

Another wonderful card for many occasions! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Misti's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

There are lots of new products, including new stamps and dies, in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!  Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

Pin It

No comments: