Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

Hi, it's Diane today! 

Mother's Day...what can I say, but a holiday well deserved. I feel very fortunate to still have my own mom at a young age of 87 this May! 

I made this Mother's Day card thinking of many good memories while constructing it, the gingham ribbon being one. My mom had a love for gingham, which passed down to me as you see it on many of my cards.



This card started out with some of the most yummy card stock. This particular piece is Echo Bronze Stardream Metallic, a 105# card stock with a metallic sheen on both sides!

The next layer is one I had so much fun making. I used white card stock and stenciled a background using Memory Box Modern Florina. This is a smaller stencil, so I first placed it in the center of my card stock, then sponged on Tim Holtz distress ink, Pumice Stone, being careful not to ink along the edges so as not to get a square edge on it. I then just moved it around and sponged on more ink until it was totally covered. I then placed the stencil back over a few flowers lining then up and sponged on Tim Holtz Tea Die ink for a bit of darker color here and there. When the stenciling was done, I distressed the edges.

I added a few Memory Box Tall Chloe Stem die cuts with paper from Bo Bunny Soft Shades Double-Dots Designs
and Memory Box Beach Sprig die cut, from the Botanical Tea 6" x 6" by Graphic 45 paper pad.

The gingham bow was added, and I attached a cute little bow and heart cut from Precious Hearts by Memory Box.

I hope you will join us this week in our Mother's Day challenge. We would love to see your projects!


A beautiful tribute to your mother! Thanks Diane! 

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Cheery Lynn Designs dies are on sale at Classy Cards 'n Such. Just enter CLD to get 40% off your order! Hurry in, they are going fast!

There are lots of new products, including new stamps and dies, in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!  Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely beautiful!! The background looks amazing!! I love how you've tied off the stems with a gorgeous gingham bow!! What a fabulous card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Angelique said...

Hi Beverly,

No clue whats goin on when it comes to us mailing.
I want to thank you for the gorgeous die. Realy happy with it.

Gorgeous inspirational project.

Again, thank you so much and thank you for your challenges.

Huggsss, Angelique