Saturday, May 24, 2014

Close to You

Hello Classy friends, Diane here with you today!

Have you been bitten by the stencil bug yet?  I sure have, and the Classy Cards 'n Such online store has a large selection to choose from. I have been purchasing many myself and created this simple but pretty card. 


For my card, I used just a portion of my Memory Box
Texture Tessatina stencil. That is one of the things I love about the stencils, you can use all of it or just a portion like I did. I used Tim Holtz Distress ink, Salty Ocean, applied with the new Mini Ink Blending Tool going darker in the middle and lighter towards the outer edges. When I was satisfied with the results, I ran my panel through my Zutter Distresser. 

I then stamped my Why Do Birds sentiment from Impression Obsession directly on my stenciling.

I die cut Impression Obsession Large Bird on a Branch and popped him up with Joy! Small Foam Pads.

I next cut a panel from the beautiful Bluebell Stardream Metallic 105# paper and mounted my stenciled panel.   I really love how this card turned out. I had thought about adding a bow to the branch, but decided I liked it "as is"!

I hope you have enjoyed today's post and take some time to check out all the many stencils in the store.  A little bit of a "heads up" is our June 9th challenge "create your own background" using a stencil or background stamp, giving you plenty of time to purchase and play with some stenciling of your own!


Love the shabby chic look. So pretty! Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
  
Pin It

4 comments:

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card!! The stenciling looks amazing!! I love the bird and branch!! So beautiful!!

joy said...

Diane, what a pretty card! I love this little bird on a branch and you have cut him out with the sweetest paper!

Mulberry Mindy said...

Beautiful card, Diane. I have also purchased the "why do birds" stamp from IP and since I love birds so much, haven't had a chance to use it. I love your card so much I am going to make one of my own right now! TFS!
Mindy

Diana Nguyen said...

I saw this on SCS and thought it was just lovely!