Friday, October 5, 2012

NEW Design Team members & Snowflake Rose!!!


Before we get to Holly's card, I want to announce the newest Classy Cards Design Team Members!

Jennipher Lowery has re-joined the team and we are delighted!!   Jenn was on the first Classy Cards team and has inspired us with her beautiful creations for the past several months.  You can see Jenn's blog here.

Steph Ackerman is certified by Copic, Ranger and more, is on several design teams and has been published numerous times!   Steph is a talented designer and we are looking forward to her cards!  You can see her blog here.

Sign up on the left side of this blog to get regular email blog updates or follow with Google Friend Connect so you won't miss anything!!

Thanks, Jenn and Steph, for joining us and I'm looking forward to your gorgeous work!  Please join me in welcoming them both!!
More than 20 NEW Memory Box and PoppyStamps dies are now in the Classy Cards shop!!  You can see all of the new dies in the NEW!!! section of the Classy Cards shop!  There is a mix of Christmas - ornaments, borders, deer, corners.  There are flowers, lots of new windows, a couple of doors, even a couple of kitties and more!
Hi, it's Holly posting today.  Can you believe it's less than three months to Christmas?  I'm starting on my Christmas cards with this pretty Snowflake Rose card I'm sharing with you today.
 
Before I get to the details, here are the items that I've used from the Classy Cards 'n Such store:
 
Lacey Circles dies (Spellbinders)
Medium Rose dies (Cheery Lynn Designs) - I used the leaf from this die
Anastasia border die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Cuties 3 die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Snowflake 5 die (Cheery Lynn Designs)
Merry Christmas die set (Cheery Lynn Designs)
 
I started off with a 4x4 inch square of paper from the Rejoice paper pad, and I adhered that to a red mat (4 1/8" square) which is adhered to a vanilla card base (4.25" square).  I experimented with the Anastasia border die to see how I wanted to frame my snowflake.  If you look closely, you will see that I cut the fancy edge of the border die cut so that you just see about 1/4" of it.  I love this delicate framing on the edges of the patterned paper.
 
I cut a Lacey Circle from vanilla cardstock and then a smaller circle from red cardstock.  The Snowflake 5 die was used to cut a vanilla snowflake which I adhered to the red circle.  The green leaf comes from the Medium Rose die, and I cut the Cuties 3 die cut from vanilla cardstock.  Before I rolled up the Cuties 3 die cut, I sponged some red ink on the edges.  It really helps to use a quilling tool to roll up these Cuties die cuts.
 
I needed a sentiment on the inside, so I cut the smaller Merry Christmas sentiment from red cardstock and glued it down.  This card turned out better than I envisioned it in my head!  I love it when that happens!  :-)


Don't you just love Holly's creativity???  Christmas will be here soon, so stay tuned to the Classy Cards blog and shop for great ideas and great products!!

Follow the gold links above for more info!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: